Monday, February 2, 2009

Heading South

Just a quick note before I take off in the morning.Was really hoping to have left on Friday so I could have more time to visit with Brendan but things never seem to go as planned. I'll be landing in Austin tomorrow night around 5:30pm their time. I'm taking a carry on only bag so I can get out of the airport as quick as possible. We'll be hitting Wal-Mart somewhere along the way to get Brendan a video camera to take with him. After a bite to eat will probably sit up most of the night visiting. Brendan has to be on base at 5:00am and family can be there around 7:00am. We'll be able to visit until the buses are ready to load. I'll try not to be a big baby but odds are I'll be blubbering before it's all over with. Brendan LOVES Peeps so I'm taking him a couple of boxes to chow down on.
We'll stay until Friday morning. Gives me time to tour the base and buy up some goodies at the Army Surplus store. First night we'll stop in Memphis. You can't drive through Memphis without stopping for BBQ. Not sure that I'll venture to Beale Street with a baby in tow. Thinking about hitting Corky's. I hear the BBQ is to die for. If Tom is nice I just may bring him back some. Besides Memphis is a good stopping point. It's about 9 hours from Killeen and just about the halfway point in the trip. If I had money to blow I'ld stay a day in Berea , Kentucky and hit all the wonderful shops. Haven't been there in years. But I better get back so my babies don't suffer too long without Momma's home cooking.
I'm sure to have a ton of pictures to post when I get back. Have a great week everyone and I'll see you in a week!

No comments: