Friday, April 10, 2009

A Trip To The Wright -Patt Air Force Museum

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgizllMJ38W-jhY50p4rm4TEwuhIs2I5vqga6x1VfQth83P0Al5Zmc0RC4I0dvmpSvU3NuUYl-5_6cjSZGf_3sCc9JmKI0TxPPlcayp7grzmlpjJpLZn31ph3cY2H3CsMay64hxGP7CZ_M/s1600-h/IMG_0118.JPG">


Tuesday the kids and I drove over to the Air Force Museum. It's been years since I was there and forgot just how much there is to see. If you took the time to read all the information they have it would take you 3 days to really take it all in. I think Tom and I need to drive over there some lazy , rainy week-end and spend the day by ourselves. The kids had a great time but they need to move at a faster pace to stay entertained. We also took in the IMAX theater. (Jesse and Teresa saw 2 movies) I hit the lotto I want one of those in my house!! I saw "The Magic Of Flight" which follows the Blue Angels. There were moments you really felt you were in the stunt planes with them. The kids also watched a movie about the space station and they really enjoyed it. They have 5 movies in all that run through out the day. Well 4 and an extra one on the week-end.
They have a Presidential hanger that you can get a tour of but you need to be there early to sign up. I didn't know anything about it so we didn't get in the long line but I looked it up on line when we got home. Tom and I will have to hit that next trip. Not sure how long it's been there but I know I've never been over to see it.
The Iraq/Afghanistan War exhibit is obviously not very big since they are still using the equipment. They had a few air men and soldiers donate their items to the museum assuming they won't be using them any more. The museum itself tends to be pretty dark in most areas. I took pics with my I-phone and Jesse took pics with the digital camera. Between the 2 we got a few good pics from that area. Biggest surprise is a 1st cavalry patch (Brendan's unit) and a Big Red One (Bryan's unit). Not sure how Army patches got in the Air Force Museum but I found that pretty darn cool. Here are a few pics for all that they're worth. Not the best shots but the best we could get.


























Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter week-end. Tom and I are going to be able to relate to Brendan this holiday , I'm afraid. All the kids and grandkids will all be going other places. A counter full of baskets , a huge ham and no one to spend the day with. We'll have to make it up when Brendan gets back by making next year a mandatory day with our side of the family.

No comments: