Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Day Draws Near


Talked to Brendan last night. He is definitely leaving on the 4th. They will spend at least 2 weeks in Kuwait before being sent out. The problem in Iraq is that the Iraqi government is slowly booting out our soldiers. A problem because now the troops that were planning to go there are now not needed or at least wanted. Normally that would sound like a good thing. However , odds are he'll end up going to Afghanistan at some point. Brendan says some troops have been sitting in Kuwait for 4 months not knowing where they're going. My thought is if you have to sit in Kuwait for 4 months and NOT get shot at then I'ld want in that line. It all goes towards your downtime towards being able to go home and he;ll still collect combat pay.
I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that my income tax refund gets here by next Friday. If so I'll be flying out that week-end. I want to get a few days in to visit before he leaves. I hate living in the unknown. If not I'll be stuck leaving the 3rd after I get my check which won't leave me any time at all to visit.
I'll be giving Brendan the sign on information for this blog so he can upload videos and add comments when he gets access to the internet over there. I suppose he'll make me change the heading on the blog about handsome soldier though!
Still no word on his brother, Bryan. Brendan was asking yesterday if I'd heard anything. News moves across the pond very , very slowly but I hope to hear something soon.

No comments: