Friday, March 6, 2009

Just A Couple Of Things

Well by now I know you're thinking I'm the Link Queen but I've found so many interesting things and it's easier to give the links for you to look at then me typing all the stuff up. I've also figured out how to get links to work on here so no more cut and pasting. Wasn't that hard , just lazy! lol (hmmm...ok posted and it doesn't show up. I bragged too soon. Cut and paste away folks! lol)
First link is Kevin Baker's website. Kevin is disabled Gulf War Veteran who is riding his bike across country promoting the "Honor and Remember" flag. His journey begins this week-end. Good luck Kevin! There is also a petition to sign if you're interested. Please take the time to check this site out.
http://www.honorandremember.org/kevin.html


I update links on the side from time to time but I wanted to make a special note of this blog. This is a well written blog with some fantastic links on it. Well worth checking out. It's written by an Airforce Mom who I was lucky enough to have come visit my site. Her blog is: http://airmanmom.blogspot.com Of special note is Wednesday Hero.

Sierra Club is hosting summer camps for military kids , families and vets. From their website is this description:
The Sierra Club's Military Families Outdoors program supports organizations that provide military Veterans, Service Members and their families with the mental and physical benefits of outdoor experiences. By sending the child of a deployed parent to summer camp, providing a much-needed weekend getaway for a military family to reconnect, or creating challenging wilderness adventure courses for Combat Theatre Veterans and Active Duty Service Members, together we are working to ensure that those protecting our country get to enjoy its natural wonders.
The link to this page is: http://www.sierraclub.org/military

I got Brendan's boxes mailed out today. Postage was almost $12.00 which is a few bucks higher than I was told but still worth it if you pack them well. Custom paperwork is a bit time consuming but you do what you have to do. Just expect to have to individually list everything by name , weight and value. You can't just put "Easter Candy" or "Toiletries". I have a feeling Brendan is going to get slammed all at once with a ton of boxes. It'll be like a very early Christmas! Just hope he gets it sooner than later. I know to expect at least 2 weeks but if they head out on missions he won't be back to get them for 3-4- weeks. If you send food be sure it's in a container that will help keep them fresh.

I've got a ton of updates to do on this blog. I'll try to get to those the first of the week. I'm taking advantage of the great weather to open the doors in the house to get fresh air and clean the carpets while the fresh air can help dry them. Garden and yard work season is just around the corner folks. With the economy the way it is I'll be adjusting my veggy garden this year. More beans and less salsa goodies. If you've got the space why not considering a garden of your own? Canning is much easier than you think and there is great security in knowing you've got a basement full of food.

Have a wonderful week-end everyone. Brendan , if you're reading this I love you and we miss you like crazy. Jesse is done fixing up his room. I patched the MANY holes in the walls from when you had the room and he and Teresa painted. We've got curtains up since the pic was taken and only have the closet to contend with. Even more impressive? He's kept it PERFECTLY clean for over a week!! I know!!!!!!!!!






Teresa had a solo in her school musical held at the hospital. She sings WAY better than I do thankfully. She did really well.




A moment doesn't go by when you're not in my thoughts. I pray for you constantly and can't wait to give you a huge hug. I love you!

No comments: