Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick Update





Brendan will now be wearing an Infantry patch again soon. He is with the 1st cav unit but they are going to be merging with an infantry division. The unit is called The Big Red One. Big red what I'm sure I don't want to know. As some of you know I've been ordering patterns to cross-stitch pictures of the badges he's worn soooo this means yet another pattern to order.
According to Rachel an IED hit close to where he is at. You can imagine what that means. I think the reality of war has really hit now. How folks go through that and come home unchanged is beyond me.
ok , the big red one was bothering me so I had to google it. It's the 1st Infantry division which is where he was suppose to be to begin with. It's also the group that his buddy Sandusky is in. ( http://www.1id.army.mil/ ) Thank goodness it's a simple patch. It's just a big red number 1. I feel a bit disappointed now.
These pics were forwarded to me from Rachel from Brendan.

No comments: