Thursday, March 19, 2009

Short Update


I tried to clean our keyboard on the Mac and managed to fry it. Apparently you're not suppose to spray Windex directly on the keyboard. Long story short I'm typing this with one finger on my I-phone. ( as you may have guessed Tom is a big Apple fan.
Brendan is back and enjoyed a shower for the first time in two weeks. He was with a small group that went out to clean and clear their new home away from home. Still things to do before they leave base camp again.
He got the 2 boxes I sent him. One box was Easter candy and I couldn't resist buying a camp basket and camo plastic eggs. The other box was filled with everyday goodies and a few odds and ends like wetwipes and Monkey Butt. Also threw in my old People magazines. We may be at war but you still want to know what star is doing what star. LOL
I'll add more once the keyboard is replaced.

*****************
OK , so the keyboard is now spotless. It's also dead as a doornail. Tom dug out this one which is only half fried thanks to Mike Craft spilling beer on it. Now I feel bad giving him a hard time about it.
Brendan called home the other day. The connection is better the closer you get to Baghdad that's for sure. As is always my luck though Tom had a nice conversation with him and then I got the phone and got 5 minutes in before we got disconnected. He seems to be in pretty good spirits. Just finally going out and doing something has to help out quite a bit. He also came back to find lots of emails and boxes of goodies. Peeps are his favorite so I sent boxes in every color. I personally can't stand them but he can wipe out a box in 2 minutes flat!
Apparently they don't have any McDonald's or Fricker's to go at night when they are out on missions. After 2 weeks of MREs he hit the chow hall and ate everything in sight. The stomach ache he got may be a lesson to pace himself next time. I don't care what Tom or anyone says MRE's aren't good. They may be ok to sustain yourself but it isn't even close to being good. Momma sent plenty of Jerky to stuff his pockets with for the next patrol.
Caiden and I had a good visit last Sunday. We went to visit Josh and went to Walmart. The boy takes after his Mom , he seems happiest when he's shopping. I picked him up some baby food to eat when we got back home. This boy is MAD about sweet potatoes. It looked like he was having a seizure trying to get more in his mouth. Sweet Potatoes were Brendan's favorite food , he could have eaten them every meal. When Caiden's sweet potatoes ran out and I switched to pears it was not a good moment. He gave me a look that put the fear of God into me.

No comments: